Home : Students : Student support : Types of financial aid
Types of financial aid 
There are different types of financial aid. Almost every student is eligible for one or more types. 
  • Federal and state grants – need-based gift aid from government sources
  • Scholarships – gift aid from a variety of sources
  • Student employment – work your way through school
  • Ford Direct Loans – low-interest loans
  • Work-study – working (usually on campus) and receiving a wage usually paid by government funds
For additional information, contact the campus to which you submitted your application:
IEL financial services in Spokane, 509-279-6048, 509-279-6063
       or e-mail
IEL centers outside Spokane
Spokane Community College financial aid, 509-533-7017
Spokane Falls Community College financial aid, 509-533-3550 
To check your financial aid status: