About Head Start, ECEAP and Early Head Start
What is Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start?
Spokane County Head Start is a child development program that provides early childhood education, social services and health services for eligible young children and families, including those with special needs.
We offer safe and secure environments that nurture child growth and development, and provide learning opportunities for children to enhance their skills and abilities for school success.
We also support families in their role as the first teachers of their children and encourage their active involvement in the program.
What kinds of services are provided?
Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start serves nearly 1,600 children at over 30 sites in and around Spokane. Head Start programs and services vary by age. For example:
- Free partial day for children ages 3 through prekindergarten
- Free partial day for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years
- Full day* for children ages 3 through prekindergarten
- Full day* for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years
There are home-based options for families during pregnancy and those with infants and toddlers up to age 3.
* Fees are charged for full-day programs